Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Get a blank page after saving an post

Did some research on this and seems like the total post size could be the reason. Or should i get an error message when i exceed that total MB limit? Where can i change that total max size of an post? Also get a blank page saving as a draft couple of times.

Erick Green

Erick Green 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

A blank page means you have a PHP error. The first step is to locate your error log and find out what it is: https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/why-am-i-getting-a-blank-page

I dont see how i could have gotten an php error with the image uploader.

This is what happens: https://noname-films.com/error.MOV

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you are getting a blank page you have a PHP error. Unless I can see the error message I'm going to be making wild guesses as to your issue.

Find your error log and if the message doesn't make sense post it back here so we can help.

What file should i place my error reporting code? Is there a easy way to create an error log in Perch? Can i paste this code into the page loading after saving a post?

error_reporting(E_STRICT); ini_set("display_errors", 1);
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can put that in your config.php file.

Displays nothing, still blank page even with the code inside config.php file. Could this have something do to with the MB limit on posts? Got this too: https://bildr.no/image/VTRqRW1Z.jpeg

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is this an issue with the Blog app? You mention saving a post, but your screenshot is from the Content app.

Im sorry, this is not with the Blog App. I use built in perch content app.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We need to figure out what the error is that you have, we can't diagnose a "blank page". The error notification in the screenshot is not from Perch, it's a server error. Again, if there is a PHP error you need to find out how to access it.

Raise a ticket with your hosting to get proper access to the PHP errors that are being generated. Otherwise we are simply guessing.

If any of this is to do with Perch, or PHP limits it will generate a PHP error. If there really is no PHP error then you need to speak to your host anyway as something else is going on.

I will contact our hosting company and see what they can do. So far thanks.

Found another or same error with my customer today. After changing a couple of images in one of the article we didnt get a blank page when saving, it just reverted back to those old images and text we replaced. Does that seem to you like the same problem or something else? Still waiting for reply from my hosting company.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I couldn't say - I really need to see that log :)

Didnt get a blank page this time but took forever to load the page and got this error:

Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'mydomain.perch2_resource_log' doesn't exist

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does the table mydomain.perch2_resource_log now exist?

No got the same error again.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What do you mean 'again' ?

Im sorry. Get the same mysql table error every time i press save.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Where are you pressing Save?

Can you try running the update again?

/perch/core/update/?force=update

I mean save changes or save an perch content post. I've made an news feed with perch content. Looks like running the update solved the problem. Dont see any table errors right now. I still run Perch 2.8.3, could that be the problem? What exactly did the perch force update link do?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Please update to 2.8.4.