Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Redactor

Perch 3 Redactor

I've just upgraded to Perch 3 in place. All went very smoothly, great work. I was using the Redactor editor before the upgrade. I've removed it as an addon as per the upgrade instructions and the Perch 3 install is using the now bundled Redactor. I used to have an HTML code view button on Redactor. Can I enable that button for the new built in version?

Cheers

Rich Pigott

Rich Pigott 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The built in version doesn't have a method of customising yet, but that's planned for a future release.

Is there a way of using Redactor other then the built in one or would we have to upload CKEditor instead?

I second the request to be able to have a custom config.js for the bundled redactor, as I had done a lot of customizations on the site I'm about to upgrade.

Kk cool thanks.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can still install your own - just give it a customised name.

Thanks Drew

Thanks, will do that for now. FYI A little bug I noted with redactor is that in the perch edit.css, font-size is set to the same value for all headings, which makes it impossible to know which format that is applied.

Hi,

I've just tried installing the source version of Redactor (in Perch Runway 3.0.5) so can have the HTML view option, but have got lost working through the docs.

Can somebody please help with a 1,2,3, etc. straightforward manner to install? A zip containing only the new files that are needed could be of great help.

Thanks, James

Hi James. This may help you https://docs.grabaperch.com/api/editors/ - see the section named "Custom configurations for default editors". I think is different to what you have already done? but it would seem easier to me. That's what I have used to get the HTML source button on the Perch default Redactor editor.

Thanks Clive. Yep I got to that point, but then didn't know where/how to rename so the New Redactor source doesn't conflict with the Perch Redactor, I understand it needs to be renamed?

Just Perch.UserConfig.editorname? Any folders/files otherwise?

The Redactor source I got also is just the JS file, no CSS...?

I followed the section "Custom configurations for default editors" only. That's different to the section before it where you are creating a new editor.

The "Custom configurations" section is how to configure the default editor and I didn't create a new Redactor.

1. Add define('PERCH_CUSTOM_EDITOR_CONFIGS', true); to your overall Perch config file.
  2. Create a config.js file like the example (amend if you need to) and put it in addons/plugins/editors/
  3. Download plugins you need from Redactor site, e.g https://imperavi.com/redactor/plugins/source/, and put these in /addons/plugins/editors/redactor-plugins

That should be it.