Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Redactor, CKEditor

can't upload images via wysiwyg editor

Hi,

I can upload images via the assets manager, but am unable to do so via any of the wysiwyg editors.

Diagnostics report Health check

Perch is out of date. You are running Perch 2.8.13 and the latest is 2.8.27.
Update instructions
PHP 5.6.19 is up to date
MySQL 5.6.28-76.1-log is up to date
Image processing available

Summary information

Perch: 2.8.13, PHP: 5.6.19, MySQL: 5.5.32, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_blog', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /home/intakeve/public_html/admin
PERCH_CORE: /home/intakeve/public_html/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/intakeve/public_html/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 128M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: intakevets.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/intakeve/public_html
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

If I turn on debug I get the following when I try to upload:

Debug Message SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='98c332c5234c87ec5f4b3d93e7e3022d' LIMIT 1 UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='fcf29b2d5f8d8fbaca43680c13a8acfa' WHERE userID='1' SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID SELECT * FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionID=68 LIMIT 1 SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pageID='1' LIMIT 1 SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=68 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=68 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC Using template: /templates/content/article.html Form not posted or did not validate Queries: 9 Memory: 3.5668

I contacted my host, and this was their reply: "I have been testing the upload, but despite not getting any errors, the image is not added in the content.

I checked the error logs, server logs and used browser's developer tools, but could not find any warnings or errors. "

I have now copied the site to my local environment and I am getting the same result. Any ideas please?

Raicheal Gallagher

Raicheal Gallagher 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you updated to the current version?

I have now - no change in upload ability though.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What happens when you try?

when I click on the image upload icon, the Insert Image dialogue box appears, I can then browse to my pc and select an image to upload, once selected the dialogue box then displays the images name. After a couple of seconds the dialogue box closes, no message is displayed, nothing is uploaded.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

How large are these images? Does it work with a very small image?

just tried to upload a 200 byte .png and a 9kb .jpg, no joy. None of the images I've tried to upload are particularly large (nothing over 50Kb).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you able to upload images successfully inside Assets?

Yes (see above)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is this using Redactor or CKEditor? Both?

I've tried both

I've been trying to come up with a workaround to this, but I must be missing something.

None of the wysiwyg editors will allow me to browse the images already uploaded to Assets, they will only allow me to upload external files - is this correct behaviour?

What is the most user friendly procedure for a client to add an image to Assets, then add it to the body of an article?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That's right, currently the editors (which are all third party products) only allow Assets Upload.

So is there a client friendly way that my client can add images already uploaded into Assets into an article?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed.