Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Third-party, Redactor

Redactor v1.10 Plugin, PHP Ubuntu and MS Edge Browser

In case anyone else runs into this, I thought I'd post it here.

There appears to be a bug with the Redactor plugin when viewed in MS Edge, but only on certain installations of PHP (it seems).

Having scratched by head over this for some time, this appears to be the variation:

• Perch Redactor 1.10 plugin, MS Edge and PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.21 - Redactor works fine
  • Perch Redactor 1.10 plugin, MS Edge and PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 - Redactor WYSIWYG toolbar doesn't display.

In the latter of these two versions, the WYSIWYG toolbar displays in all other browsers, including IE 11, hence my assumption it's a browser bug.

I assume it might get cleared up with a new version of the Redactor plugin on Perch, but I wanted to highlight it here for information.

Murray Fisher

Murray Fisher 0 points

• 5 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Thanks very much for sharing Murray, I use Redactor in most of my sites and although I haven't hit the issue, it's really helpful to have the info. Ta.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't think the version of PHP should affect this - there must be more to it.

Agreed Drew, I didn't think the PHP version could be doing it, so perhaps it's something else on the server, but I'm not skilled enough to know what.

Certainly the Perch setup, version etc and associated files are all identical.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I don't think Redactor are releasing any more updates to this major version, so I guess that's the way it'll stay.

I'd be interesting to hear if the problem can be seen on more up to date systems.