Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Newsfeed (on dashboard)

The newsfeed doesn't appear to be updating since installing 2.8.4 (last announcement was on 04 March) also I've just noticed that if I log in as a user with the role of "Editor" the newsfeed is still visible on the dashboard despite it being unchecked in the role setup.

Nick Loat

Nick Loat 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you running the latest version of that app?

Hi Drew,

I'm running newsfeed v1 (which is the initial release there doesn't appear to be any others on the website).

by the way the link… https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/dashboard/ appears to be broken.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have scheduled tasks running? That's how it updates.

I do, so thought there might be a problem with how I set the path to the script on the server (provided heart internet) so content their tech support. Their reply was…

When running the script, I'm seeing the following errors being given in the package's error logs:

blockleyshop.com [Tue Mar 31 22:18:55 2015] [error] [client 79.170.44.6:59466] AH01215: PHP Warning: require(DIR/../runtime/runtime.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/core/scheduled/run.php on line 2 blockleyshop.com [Tue Mar 31 22:18:55 2015] [error] [client 79.170.44.6:59466] AH01215: PHP Warning: require(DIR/../runtime/runtime.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/core/scheduled/run.php on line 2 blockleyshop.com [Tue Mar 31 22:18:55 2015] [error] [client 79.170.44.6:59466] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'DIR/../runtime/runtime.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear5:/usr/share/ZendFramework') in /home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/core/scheduled/run.php on line 2

The script appears to be attempting to run the following:

AH01215: PHP Warning: require(DIR/../runtime/runtime.php)

Which doesn't exist in this package. Are you the script developer? If not, I'd recommend contacting the developer with this error message to see if they can suggest any changes.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It looks like your task is running under an old version of PHP. It needs to be at least PHP 5.3. Command line PHP is typically a different binary, so that's no uncommon to find.

thanks Drew I'll follow it up with Heart.

Hi Drew,

Finally got Heart to sort out the command line php (now 5.5) however when I test the cron job, I get the following message…

Your script returned the following: X-Powered-By: PHP/5.5.20 Content-type: text/html

No secret found. See https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/scheduled-tasks/ for configuration instructions.

A secret has definitely been set. define('PERCH_SCHEDULE_SECRET', 'forkhandles');

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What does your crontab look like? I've got a feeling I've seen this before with wretched Heart Internet.

Thanks for the inadvertent prompt to search the forum for similar problems!

The answer appears to be secret=mysecret

Thanks for your help - Rachel's suggestion of a section of Docs for hosting peculiarities is a good one, though it would probably be a nightmare to maintain.

Regards - Nick

I thought it was resolved however just received the cron daemon email… (which looks like its not resolving the include paths correctly)

PHP Warning: include(/home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_newsfeed/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 22 PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_newsfeed/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear55:/usr/share/php') in /home/sites/blockleyshop.com/public_html/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 22 X-Powered-By: PHP/5.5.20 Content-type: text/html

runtime.php doesn't exist in the directory that its looking in - is this correct?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's a dashboard widget - it doesn't have a runtime file.