Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, CKEditor

ckEditor - HTML tags showing on page.

I know that this has been asked before and I have read a couple of threads about it and I think that I have implemented everything.

I want to use CKeditor and I have downloaded and installed the editor and changed the perch:content tag to this

<perch:content type="textarea" label="Content" editor="ckeditor" html="true" id="text" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480" textile="false" />

This is the tag that I use in Rrunway and I don't seem to have a problem, but it is not working in Perch. All is working OK in the admin area.

I call my content like this in both runway a perch like this

perch_content("Main Page Content");

Output from Perch

<h1>Welcome to Hope Valley Nutrition.</h1>

Output from Runway

Welcome to Hope Valley Nutrition.

The HTML content is Runway is displaying without the tag and on Perch it is showing the tags. I have been pondering over this for the last 2 days and it is driving me nuts!

Diagnostic Report;

Summary information

Perch: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.5.19, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: bf9ad53b11c9a57efdb1057292d73b928b8c5c77 $, with PDO
    Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
    Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', );
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
    PERCH_PATH: /var/www/vhosts/sitedevelopment.pro/hopevalley.sitedevelopment.pro/perch
    PERCH_CORE: /var/www/vhosts/sitedevelopment.pro/hopevalley.sitedevelopment.pro/perch/core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/vhosts/sitedevelopment.pro/hopevalley.sitedevelopment.pro/perch/resources
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 20M, Max POST 30M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 20M
    Resource folder writeable: Yes
    SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
    REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/vhosts/sitedevelopment.pro/hopevalley.sitedevelopment.pro
    HTTP_HOST: hopevalley.sitedevelopment.pro

Dennis Pickworth

Dennis Pickworth 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you re-saved your content since changing the template?

I have deleted the content from the admin tool, refreshed the page and re entered the content, resaved and deleted the cache.

This is why is it a little confusing. I know it will be something silly what it is missing.

OK. I found the issue. I told you it would be something silly to stop it running.

The problem is that i didn't create the html page that I am using. The !DOCTYPE at the top of the page incorrect. It was using a HTML 4 strict standard.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "https://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> 

I must admit is wasn't something I was looking for. Just noticed it by accident.

Changed to

<!DOCTYPE HTML> 

And the world is ok again! I Can not believe it has taken me 2 days to notice something so fundermental!.

As I say we all live and learn. One for the archive I think.