Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Blog

Blog Returning 404 in Runway

Hello,

I'm having an issue with a live site running Perch Runway with the standard Blog app.

I have my blog pages in a folder called news, with the purpose of having the site URL appear as mysite.com/news/. I created a page called News and pointed the page's Path to /news/, same as in my dev environment.

In my local dev environment, everything works just fine. However, the live site version gives me a 404 error page when I click on my News link. If I directly type mysite.com/news/index.php in my address bar, the page appears as expected. Is there something else I need to do or configure to use the standard blog in Runway?

Here's my debug results:

Debug Message
[33] SELECT p.pagePath, pr.routePattern, pr.routeRegExp, p.pageTemplate FROM seg_pages p LEFT JOIN seg_page_routes pr ON p.pageID=pr.pageID ORDER BY pr.routeOrder ASC, p.pagePath ASC
Using master page: /templates/pages/errors/404.php
[1] SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM seg_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/errors/404' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC
Request time: 0.0449
Process time: 0.0445
Memory: 3.0045

Please help.

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You should add your pages as master pages and then create /news pages that use them. Have you done that?

Ok, now I did. Everything is working better than I expected.

I thought I was just missing something because the standard blog was working on my local dev environment, but not on the live site. So found that strange, but on the other hand not exactly the first time something behaves different between environments.

Still learning about these Runway features like routes. The Runway configuration for blog looked a bit daunting, but after following through with the documentation, in practice, it was actually simple.

Thanks for the recommendation Drew!