Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, CKEditor

CKeditor Is Blank after P3 Update

Since the Perch 3 update, now all CKeditor textarea regions are show nothing - missing control icons and the proper view.

I tried the same trick here (https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/05-04-2016-ck-editor-showing-as-blank-after-updating-the-editor-plugin) where I found an error in the CK editor code, updated a folder name and it fixed it. But in this case, it's still missing controls and formatting. What happened? Anyone else experiencing this and have a work around?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you updated CKEditor to the current version?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ah - I got it from the archive, not the latest. I just pulled down the latest from here: https://addons.perchcms.com/

Are there updated directions for installation? I don't see anything different than it used to be - or is it just a replacement?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's just a replacement.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ok thanks Drew. Though the zip has two folders:

/ckeditor4 /perch

Plus a config JSON file. Any of those pertinent?

Also, am I replacing the existing folder, or ADDING the version 4?

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

I just tried a direct replacement - everything inside "ckeditor4" from the latest zip, and replaced all contents in "ckeditor", refresh sign in and nothing - still missing all ckeditor elements. Thoughts?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What do you mean by ckeditor4 ? The folder is creditor. You don't need to rename anything.

Are you taking just part of the plugin for some reason?

When you unzip the latest ckeditor plugin that you download, move all the contents in that folder to your ckeditor folder. Now in your folder you'll have three items:

ckeditor-4 perch _config.json

That did it for me. I tried moving all the items in ckeditor-4 to ckeditor, but that's not the structure anymore.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ah, I see. Not as simple as a direct copy since the paths have changed ;) Thanks Dale - that worked.

Rachel/Drew - can you update your installation page for the CK Editor with Dale's note? I'm sure the question will come up again.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The paths haven't changed.

Leigh C

Leigh C 0 points

Ok Drew thanks. Though the folders are different than before, and there are additional folders to add to the main "ckeditor" folder inside "plugins" as Dale said:

1) /ckeditor4 2) /perch 3) _config.json

That's different than it's been in the past, so I imagine the snag will arise with every updater from version 2 to 3. Previous download used to have the full directory path in the zip so it was obvious where to put the file stack. This time it's just the files, so this direction, although simple, is helpful to know.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, we'll repackage it.

I would also like to add that I found the new ckeditor download confusing as I expected to find "full path" folders in there

How about this? I have the ckeditor working except for when it is a template included in a perch block. I have a block that has multiple ckeditors and when I add it to the page, the blocks region, the editor is not instantiated. I have to add a blank block, save the page, allow a refresh and then the newly added block editors are instantiated correctly.

edit: I forgot to add its a P3 upgrade.

@Drew ... Would you have a couple minutes to look into this?

Perch 3. Block Region Block is template with 2 ckeditor text areas. Every time I try to add the block to the region, the two new editors don't load and I get 2 blank textareas. I need to add the block, save the page, the page reloads and the editors are instantiated correctly for the empty block. I downloaded the ckeditor from the add-on pages (v 4.6.2)

The following JS error is noted in the console:

Uncaught Error: Dropzone already attached.
    at new t (9.9.c4c70b8….js:1)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (9.9.c4c70b8….js:2)
    at Function.each (vendor.c4c70b8….js:2)
    at me.fn.init.each (vendor.c4c70b8….js:2)
    at me.fn.init.undefined.e.fn.dropzone (9.9.c4c70b8….js:2)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (9.9.c4c70b8….js:1)
    at Function.each (vendor.c4c70b8….js:2)
    at me.fn.init.each (vendor.c4c70b8….js:2)
    at p (9.9.c4c70b8….js:1)
    at 9.9.c4c70b8….js:1
t @ 9.9.c4c70b8….js:1
(anonymous) @ 9.9.c4c70b8….js:2
each @ vendor.c4c70b8….js:2
undefined.e.fn.dropzone @ 9.9.c4c70b8….js:2
(anonymous) @ 9.9.c4c70b8….js:1
p @ 9.9.c4c70b8….js:1
(anonymous) @ 9.9.c4c70b8….js:1