Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Installation, Configuration

Error after upgrading from 2.3.4 to 2.8.4

Had some database errors when I first logged in but did not note them as had option to "continue anyway".

Anyway seems to work okay apart from below error displaying at top of every page on the live front end site pages, running just 2 add ons, backup and forms.

"Warning: include(/home/tepcoltd/public_html/admin/addons/apps/perch_backup/runtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tepcoltd/public_html/admin/core/inc/apps.php on line 22"

However redownloaded the backup app just to be sure and there is no runtime.php in the folder!

So why is it asking for it? If I disabled the app it goes away, have copied both it and the core folder twice no difference.

Perch: 2.8.4, PHP: 5.5.20, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: bf9ad53b11c9a57efdb1057292d73b928b8c5c77 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.4), assets (2.8.4), categories (2.8.4), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_backup', 'perch_forms', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /home/tepcoltd/public_html/admin
PERCH_CORE: /home/tepcoltd/public_html/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/tepcoltd/public_html/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 10M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 64M, Total max file upload: 8M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/tepcoltd/public_html
HTTP_HOST: www.tepco-ltd.co.uk
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Nigel Coath

Nigel Coath 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Remove perch_backup from your apps.php file - it shouldn't be there.

Thanks, I managed to find your answer elsewhere searching using different keywords. Out of interest why do some of my other sites not display this error even though they also had this in the apps.php file? Is it because there is a setting in the server to not display errors?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, that's likely it.

The Backup app is admin-only - it doesn't do anything on the pages of your website, so it doesn't have a runtime file.

Okay at least I know now! Thanks.