Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway

Collection Item Options – Item list columns

Hi

In the admin screen for a collection I am showing a category in the item list columns, as well as a product image thumbnail and product code. Clicking on them allows me to reorder the list - a very nice new feature, thanks.

However, clicking the category doesn't sort the items into categories – it adds a new item. Is this the expected behaviour or should I call Department UXB?

The generated link is https://DOMAIN/perch/core/apps/content/collections/?id=1&sort=product_cat

Many thanks in advance,

Jon

Perch Runway: 3.0.1, PHP: 5.6.10, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler Installed apps: content (3.0.1), assets (3.0.1), categories (3.0.1), perch_blog (5.5.1), perch_forms (1.9), perch_mailchimp (3.1) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms', 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_blog', ); PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Users/ellimondo/Dropbox/Sites/techniche-europe/dev.techniche-europe.com/perch PERCH_CORE: /Users/ellimondo/Dropbox/Sites/techniche-europe/dev.techniche-europe.com/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/ellimondo/Dropbox/Sites/techniche-europe/dev.techniche-europe.com/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7 Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: dev.techniche-europe.com DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/ellimondo/Dropbox/Sites/techniche-europe/dev.techniche-europe.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Jonathan Elliman

Jonathan Elliman 27 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What do you mean by "it adds a new item" ?

A new item is added to the collection and I am taken to the edit new item page.

Hi Jon, sorry to jump in here but I have a question related to the screenshot you posted. Are those 'real' products, as-in Perch Shop products - related to collections somehow?

I would love to have the ability to display the list of products that way in the admin, but I'm unsure how in Perch Shop (also the ability to sort the list would be awesome)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Oh yes, I see what you mean. I'll log it.

Hi Hamish

This is an online product listing for resellers using Collections, not Shop I'm afraid. I don't think this is available yet in Shop but it's early days. This has only just appeared in Core.

Thanks Drew.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

This is fixed in 3.0.2