Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Cannot upgrade from 2.8.24 to 2.8.34—Syntax error or access violation

After replacing the core folder and reloading Perch Admin I get 41
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 ALTER command denied to user 'xxxxx'@'subomain.sld.tld' for table …
and 13
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1142 ALTER command denied to user 'xxxxx'@'subomain.sld.tld' for table …
error messages.

What could be triggering this?

Here my Diagnostic Report (before trying the upgrade).

SUMMARY INFORMATION
Perch: 2.8.24, PHP: 5.6.30, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: SunOS, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.24), assets (2.8.24), categories (2.8.24), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_forms' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /…/htdoc/perch
PERCH_CORE: /…/vhostdata/htdoc/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /…/vhostdata/htdoc/dateien
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 128M
F1: dc1fef2ad0fcd9f943c02ebb43d85dbc
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /…/vhostdata/htdoc
HTTP_HOST: www.alfred-delp-schulzentrum.de

Many thanks in advance.

Nils Mielke

Nils Mielke 3 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What context do those errors appear in?

When reloading Perch Admin after replacing the core folder, I get a long list with these error messages. At the bottom it says, I should contact support or accept the errors and continue.
When doing the latter, everything seems to be working.
But when I try updating to 3.1.1 I get a similar list. After continuing, debug gives me Invalid query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'xxxxx.perch2_menu_items' doesn't exist when displaying the login form for the first time. I cannot login to Perch Admin, though, and after the first attempt, I always get the login form, but no more errors in debug.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It sounds like you don't have appropriate permissions to update the database. You should roll back to your known good version, increase your database access and try again.

Okay, thank you, Drew.
Will do and report back.