Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation, Runway

Notification if Perch Runway needs to be updated?

I've been working to update two Perch Runway sites today. I saw the version number is 3.0.1 on a site I upgraded from Perch Runway 2 to Perch Runway 3.

On another site which I had already updated that it was running 3.0, but there wasn't a note that there was an update available.

Is there a note that I didn't see to let me know if Perch Runway needs to be updated?

I seem to recall in there was a note in Perch 2. (Amazing how quickly I've become used to Perch 3. Lovely update!)

Also, is the update button the recommended method to update locally? I'm not sure if I would use it to update a production site to be safe, yet it does save a few steps in the process which is very helpful.

Here's my summary info from the site where I didn't see the note that there was an update available. (BTW, thank you for listing if installed AddOns are up-to-date).

Summary information

Perch Runway: 3.0, PHP: 7.0.15-0ubuntu0.16.04.4, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: b5c5906d452ec590732a93b051f3827e02749b83 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0), assets (3.0), categories (3.0), perch_forms (1.9), perch_kraken (1.1), perch_mailchimp (3.1), perch_twitter (3.7)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'perch_mailchimp', 'perch_forms', 'perch_twitter', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/scottgruber.me/html/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/scottgruber.me/html/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/scottgruber.me/html/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 128M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: scottgruber.me
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/scottgruber.me/html
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Scott Gruber

Scott Gruber 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We only ever show the notification for what we consider to be priority updates so we aren't constantly notifying you.

We would suggest updating each time you do any work on the site, and especially prior to requesting support for an issue.