Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

usability issues with latest redactor

1 when you start with a blank text area redactor has already put in <p><br></p> 2 editing text, insert cursor to put a space in, editor jumps to end of line 3 when editing text BEFORE saving.. select text and set as 'bold' and you get random insertion of <strong>s and several <p>s away from text you wanted bold

These are all from a fresh clean install of latest perch with no attempts at customising other than to set redactor as editor in templates

Charlie Elsey

Charlie Elsey 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

when you start with a blank text area redactor has already put in <p><br></p>

If you're on the latest version of Perch, that should get stripped out of an otherwise empty field.

Redactor isn't actually my product, so there's not a lot I can do about its usability. If you'd like to revert to the previous version, you can set editor="redactor2" in your template. We'll keep updating Redactor 3, and hope that they make improvements.

Thanks Drew, I do know it's not 'your' product btw! No issues then reverting to redactor2, just have to set it up as a n other editor?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You just need to update your template. Change editor="redactor" to editor="redactor2". That's it.