Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Activate Sale Price During Set Dates

I would like to use two date template regions on the back end to set a between time span for the sale price of a product to be active. Essentially, I want to be able to set a schedule for an individual item's sale price. What's the best way to do this?

Kevin Wolff

Kevin Wolff 0 points

• 3 years ago

Hi Kevin

This functionality already exists in Shop's promotions feature – there's a second sales tab on that page in admin and you can activate a sale period there.

How you get the individual item to trigger would be down to how you have your products configured.

NB You can also assign a promotion voucher to a period of time and a category – that category can then be applied to a product. e.g. Special Offers etc.

Thanks Jonathan. I was aware of the promotional system, but I guess my question is whether setting a sale period will automatically activate all items' sale prices even if "use sale price" is unchecked. I can probably figure that out on my own through testing though.

Yes I think it does - but one might be using variants to set prices by, so the system can't assume this. It took me quite a while to figure out how to do this too! Best tip I can give is to activate debugging on the page and watch for the on_sale switches that get generated when promotions are running.

Thanks for the tips! Thankfully our company has individual SKUs for each product and there really aren't different variants of them all, just different products - hopefully this works out easily!

Best of luck!