Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

perch replacing link text for iframe

I have a page that loads an iframe. link to page

When I hard code the iframe on the page it works. If I set it up as a region and add the code to the region the iframe does not show. Naturally I would like the iframe page to show so and be an editable region so that if the link to the page changes it can be updated easily.

The iframe is being generated from a piece of javascript that is sent to me for "copy and paste" onto a page. It loads a 3rd party reservation system for a limousine company.

Is there anyway to accomplish this? When I view the data it seems as if perch recognizes the code as a link and doesn't show the source of the iframe.

Kim Mazzola

Kim Mazzola 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What's the difference between the HTML that works and the HTML that doesn't?

HTML that works is dropping the copy and paste snippet directly onto the page. HTML that doesn't work is pasting the snippet into a perch region and then displaying the region on the page. Nothing gets put on the page when viewing the source code for that page. It's just blank where the iframe should be.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I mean when you view source on the two pages and compare them, what is different?

Sorry for the confusion. Copied and pasted version shows the source of the iframe and perch region version is completely blank. Nothing is being returned. The code snippet is pasted here. I deleted sensitive information. This is placed on a bootstrap page in container, row, 12 col. When the perch version is returned the source inbetween the opening and closing bootstrap tags is empty.

<a href="https://linkforsystem" data-ores-widget="website" data-ores-alias="domainname">Online Reservations</a>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://sourceofscript/widget-loader.js"></script>

I just found out, nothing gets returned on the page in a perch region. So it may not be the iframe causing the issue. Here's my code for the perch regions:

Perch template

<perch:content id="limoAnywhere" label="Link to Limo Anywhere Software" type="text" title="true" />

Perch region on the page:

<?php perch_content('limo anywhere'); ?>
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Please can we see your Diagnostics Report?