Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Runway

Location tab missing

I have the same problem on Runway 3.1.1 as detailed here: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/07-22-2017-location-tab-missing.

Is there a resolution on this? I created a new role with every privilege checked, yet users assigned this role have no access to the location tab so cannot change paths. Also when adding new pages, they can only create top level pages - all other pages are greyed out in the Parent page dropdown so the user can't add subpages. Only the default Admin role has these privileges for some reason - is that intentional?

Thanks!

Adam Green

Adam Green 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is this a clean install or an update from an earlier version?

Update from earlier version- started as perch 2.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, we'll look into it.

Thanks Drew. Just checked on a different Runway install (started at 3.0.14 & updated to 3.1.1) and same issue. Also, the 'Add subpage' hover link is missing from Pages listing.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That sounds like a different issue.

Ah, ok, just discovered that I need to go in to the page settings for every top level page to allow each role to create subpages! Is there a way to assign this once within the role options?

Still no location tab when privilege assigned on a per page basis though, so have to give the user full admin access, which I'm not wholly comfortable with. Without access to the location tab, the editor is unable to create pages that are just links to other existing pages.

Ideally, if an editor is granted rights to create a top level page, they should by default be able to create sub-pages, at least under the top level pages they create? I can grant the role access to edit their own privileges for the top level pages they create but this seems very convoluted for an editor - I see this reported here also: https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/08-07-2017-editor-cannot-add-sub-pages-to-pages-they-created-themselves

Many thanks!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is there a way to assign this once within the role options?

Yes. Users > Roles > Your Role > Actions.

Perfect, thanks!

Hi Drew, any update on why roles with the same permissions as admins can't access the location tab to update URL paths in Perch Runway? Is this intended or a bug that's likely to get fixed? Many thanks.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I believe it's only an issue for some upgraded sites, and it can be resolved by using the privilege assist mode detailed in the thread you linked to.

Hi Drew, I can verify it's an issue on a fresh install of runway 3.0.14 with no updates applied. Adding the privilege assist mode doesn't resolve the issue, nor does upgrading to 3.1.1.

Here's are the steps: - create a new role (Client admin) with all the permissions checkboxes checked - create a new user with Client admin role - log in as new user - add a new page - edit page... no location tab

Can you duplicate this behaviour?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We'll log it and take a look.