Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Installation, Runway

Upgrading from Perch 3 to Runway

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, but I couldn't find any posts referencing this. It could just be me being thick!

I have just purchased 2 upgrades from Perch 2 to Runway, although I didn't notice the 2 instead of a 3. We currently have 2 Perch 3 licenses and assigned. However, I have now discovered that our developer has been working with Runway 3 and so we need to upgrade our licenses.

The 2 upgrades are showing as unassigned on our licenses page and whenever I click on this section it takes me to the Perch license setting. I can't see any way of applying the upgrades.

So firstly, have I purchased the correct thing to upgrade a single-site license for Perch3 to a single-site license for Runway 3? And assuming I have how do I now apply these both to the licenses section and our Perch sites? I have updated the code on our Perch site to Runway and of course it is now telling me that Perch Runway requires a Runway license key. I can log into the Admin portal fine, but of course the site won't display.

Again my apologies if I am being a dummy, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Vicary

Brian Vicary [ 0 points ]

• 1 week ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan [ 2176 points ]
Perch Support

Don't worry about the Perch 2 labelling - that doesn't affect things. We'll tidy it up.

To apply an upgrade, do to the license details page for the license you wish to upgrade, and you should be able to apply the upgrade from there.

Brian Vicary

Hi Drew

Thanks for your response.

I have been to our license page, but I am unable to find any means of applying the upgrades to a license. When I click on the box for "Unapplied Upgrades" it takes me to our Perch license page, showing the 2 Perch licenses we have, but no obvious means of applying the upgrade.

If I am being dense please forgive me, but can you tell me what I should be doing to apply these licenses? On the details page for each license there's nothing offering the ability to apply an upgrade, unless I am missing something.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan [ 2176 points ]
Perch Support

Hmm - you're right. Looks like a bug - fixing it now.

Brian Vicary

Drew!

You are a star!!

I had a quick check of our licenses and could see the Apply Upgrade button on both. I have since applied the upgrades and everything is running as expected.

Thank you for sorting that out!