Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Gallery

Gallery thumbnails with different densities

Hi,

since the last update of the gallery app (from 2.7 --> 2.8.5) I did on a clients site a little while ago, the thumbnails in the admin panel have different sizes and densities. In the resource folder and in the database are now only thumbs named image-w80h80.jpg instead of image-w80h80@2x.jpg like before. Is there a way to change that to the old setting? I checked the the different PerchGallery_Image.class versions I found in my backups, but I didn't find any different settings? I also noticed that you changed the image sizes in the new gallery app (perch_gallery_v2.8.9). Would I get rid of the different thumbnail sizes if I update the page to Perch 3 and use the new gallery app?

Thanks

Diagnostic Report: Perch: 2.8.34, PHP: 5.6.10, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO Server OS: Darwin, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.34), assets (2.8.34), categories (2.8.34), perch_gallery (2.8.6) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/raykland/perch PERCH_CORE: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/raykland/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/raykland/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 200M, Max POST 200M, Memory: 240M, Total max file upload: 200M F1: 6a33f95eca3667f9e0c39bf5ca2980fe Resource folder writeable: Yes SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/raykland HTTP_HOST: gabriels-imac.local:5757

Gabriel Braun

Gabriel Braun 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What sizes do you have in your image.html template?

<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="thumb" width="30" height="30" crop="true" />

<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="thumb-overview" width="300" height="300" crop="false" />
<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="thumb-overview-hd" width="300" height="300" crop="false" density="2"/>

<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="small" width="480" height="480" crop="false" density="1" quality="80"/>
<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="small-hd" width="480" height="480" crop="false" density="2" quality="75"/>

<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="med" width="800" height="800" crop="false" density="1" quality="75"/>
<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="med-hd" width="800" height="800" crop="false" density="2" quality="55" sharpen="6"/>

<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="large" width="1024" height="1024" crop="false" density="1" quality="75" />
<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" key="large-hd" width="1024" height="1024" crop="false" density="2" quality="55" sharpen="6"/>

<perch:gallery id="title" type="text" label="Title of the work" size="xl" textile="false" help="For Paintings and Drawings only."/>
<perch:gallery id="material" type="text" label="Material" size="xl" textile="false" help="For Paintings and Drawings only."/>
<perch:gallery id="size" type="text" label="Size, Year" size="xl" textile="false" help="For Paintings and Drawings only."/>

I didn't make any changes to the template before or after the update.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So do you now have some thumbnails that aren't showing up?

They are showing up, but the sizes are different from before and after the update. In the image listing of the gallery app you have thumbnails with 80 px (the new ones) and 160 px now. The paths are fine, nothing is missing. Just the sizes are different. On the frontend everything is fine too. Should I include the thumbnails for the image listing in the backend as well? Something like: ∼∼∼ <perch:gallery id="image" type="image" width="80" height="80" crop="true" density="2" key="admin_thumb" /> <perch:gallery id="image" type="image" width="180" density="2" key="admin_preview" /> ∼∼∼

Sorry.

<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" width="80" height="80" crop="true" density="2" key="admin_thumb" /> 
<perch:gallery id="image" type="image" width="180" density="2" key="admin_preview" /> 
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

They were a bit small before, so we increased the size. New ones should go in at the new size.