Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Members

Members Download

Hello,

I am looking to add a download link to the member's profiles, I am looking to test things so I don't mind using the 'Default' resource bucket that comes with Perch.

I don't seem to get things to work when I visit the link: /download.php?file=/document.docx

The error I get is: Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_members_default_download() in /profile/download.php on line 27

My download.php code is as follows:

<?php 
    include('../perch/runtime.php'); 

// config
    $bucket_name = 'default';
    $url_param   = 'file';

// By default, deny downloads unless we've proved the member is allowed this file.
    $allow_download = true;

/*
    Alternatively, you could check for a specific tag, e.g.

if (perch_member_has_tag('subscriber')) {
        $allow_download = true;
    }

*/

// Deliver the file.
    if ($allow_download) {
        perch_members_default_download(perch_get($url_param), $bucket_name);
    }

exit;

At the moment my aim is to add a simple download link to the profiles that links to the default resource bucket as a download.

Help appreciated

Thanks

Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If download.php is in the root of your site then I think your Perch include path is incorrect.

Otherwise we'll need to see your Diagnostics Report.

Hello Rachel,

Thank you, you were correct in your thinking the download now works, however I still seem to have this as an error?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function perch_members_secure_download() in htdocs/profile/download.php on line 16

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We will need to see your Diagnostics Report, it's a good idea to add that with every post (which is why we ask for it) as otherwise it just delays you getting an answer.