Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Page Template Always Saving As Draft (when it shouldn't)

Hi

We have a 'travel tours' page template which is used to display multiple items (one of our 50+ 'tours' at a time).

These items are edited one at a time (the option to edit all on one page is not checked).

After two years of trouble-free editing, the clients have now discovered the 'Save as Draft' checkbox. We now understand the limitation of this (in that the entire set of items is treated as one draft) so they have stopped saving item entries as a draft (and are consigering a move to Runway in the longer term)

The issue now is that whenever any change is made to any of the items, irrespective of whether the 'Save as Draft' checkbox is checked at save on a particular tour, the entire set of tours is set to draft (and hence unpublished from their site).

When this happens I can see the regionRev and regionLatestRev field in the _content_regions table are out of sync.

My question - why is it now always 'Saving as Draft' when we don't have this option check when editing an individual item??

Is this setting now set on one or more of the multiple items (tours) and it's causing updates to any tour, to result in the tours page content region to be set to draft?

How can I clean up the revision data so automatic save to draft do not occur (as was previously the case before the client started experimenting with the Save as Draft option)?

We are running Perch 2.6

Many thanks

James

James Ng

James Ng 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The first thing you need to do is update to the latest version of Perch 2 to see if that solves your issue.

It turned out to be a template size issue ... upping the max_allowed_packet size on our mysql server allowed the changes to be saved to the database.