Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, PayPal

Shop (PayPal) discount code

I realise it's time to move on to the new fully-fledged Paypal Shop - but my client is on a budget and is using the old Paypal shop, and wants to know if there is any way with this to apply a discount code to products?

I think I know what you might say...

Regards, Alex

Alex Bennett

Alex Bennett 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Alex

no because we're just using PayPal functionality - this is why we developed our own Shop as we were very limited as to what was possible with PayPal.

Rachel

Thanks Rachel - it's what I thought, and I've already told my client it would be better to move onto the new shop. They only have around 40-50 products, so I'm thinking that setting up and installing the new shop might not take too long...

In terms of un-installing the PayPal shop would I need to remove any tables from the database?

Thanks, Alex

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, you should remove the existing shop tables from the database. Keep a backup, of course.

Thanks Drew - just going back to the PayPal Shop quickly - I know that buttons are created dynamically, but if I created a subscription button at PayPal's end, could this be added to the Perch site?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How does a subscription button differ?

I think it's set up so the payment comes out of the customers account again after a set period of time. It comes under an area in PayPal under merchant tools called recurring and subscription payments.

It looks like I may have convinced my client to switch to your new shop though - can you see how recurring payments could work with one of your apps?

Thanks, Alex

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We don't have anything to offer recurring payments currently.