Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Is Assets integration in CKEditor live or a roadmap item?

I'm not sure if it's possible to link to Assets from within the CKEditor editor yet. Looking forward to this addition! (or, set me straight on what it really will be)

Kirk Roberts

Kirk Roberts 0 points

• 4 years ago

Kirk. I think this is active in the current version of ckeditor. BTW, Welcome back.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can I ask why you'd use CKEditor over Redactor?

Thanks Robert, I'll double check. I had tried it before and will try harder this time. (And thanks for the welcome back!)

Drew, this is a legacy site dating back years. I think it's easier to just let the client continue to use what they're used to, for now.

Otherwise I'd use Redactor over CKEditor (although I have to admit I'm not super up on what all of the pros/cons are between the two are at this point... other than it sounds like right now Perch doesn't allow custom Redactor configs, which is catastrophic if true).

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We don't disallow custom configs.

Sorry, I mis-spoke about the Redactor configs... that's a separate topic anyway.

I re-tried the CKEditor Assets integration. I have a fresh install of Perch 3, updated to 3.0.2. I added the CKEditor plugin and it appears on a textarea input just fine. My template code looks like this:

<perch:content id="ckeditor" type="textarea" label="Text" editor="ckeditor" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480" />

When I click the Image button in the CKEditor toolbar ( https://www.evernote.com/l/AGEumO5iS4JNCYmCrOmM9iFXaHRi7CY2gZQ ) I get the standard CKEditor image dialog ( https://www.evernote.com/l/AGGyzN0g4ctPzLa8CrccJB88-tqn8ICM3hI ). There's no indication of how I might access the Assets panel.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No we don't implement Assets in CKEditor, and probably won't.

Okay. Which editors have Assets integration now, and which ones are likely to get it in the foreseeable future? (not binding in any way, of course)

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Redactor, MarkItUp and SimpleMDE have Assets integration.

It's unlikely that we will offer it to other editors at this point given that there is an option for WYSIWYG for those that want it.

Perfect, thanks Rachel.