Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Is there a way to trigger/run the Republish action from the command line?

I'm thinking something like the schedule tasks command.

I'd like to trigger the process on deployment so I don't have to remember to go in each time and click republish (one less thing to remember).

Darryl Hein

Darryl Hein 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

There's not. What circumstance necessitates that? I can't think of the last time I actually used republish!

This happens when we make some changes to a template (in this case, a form in templates/content/) and then move them to the live site. The changes to the template are not reflected on the site until we click Save on the Region Options tab where that template is selected. I've just checked again (making a manual change to the template) and it doesn't show up unless I Republish or re-save the Region Options tab.

Is there another process we should be doing for development?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Right, I know what the republish feature does. It's just surprising to hear that you need it so frequently that you want to automate its use.

That's fine - I'm just trying to understand the requirement.

Do people not change regularly change templates? Such as adding fields to a form or new layouts to a blog post, for example? Is there something else we should be doing instead of modify templates?

And I'll ask again: is there a different development process you'd recommend? We currently have development and production sites so we can development and test without allowing public access to new functions or accidentally breaking pages.

(Sorry, wasn't trying to explain what the republish feature does – only trying to answer your question. Sorry if I came across as condescending.)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

As I say, I'm trying to understand the requirement, not to tell you you should be working in some other way.

I'll make a note that this is something that you'd like to see.