Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Suggestions, Blog

Blog authors feature request

I'm developing a new site for a client, I've given them full admin access but cannot assign them as author of existing posts as they do not appear in the list of authors.

According to https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/08-28-2014-blog-authors-question, they'll show up in the drop down as potential blog author for other posts only once they've published a post first themselves - is this true?

Do I really need to wait for the client to publish a post before I can change the author of pre-populated posts? I could reset their login details and publish a post myself on their behalf but this isn't ideal and they're already editing content on the staging server. Please let me know if there's a better solution.

May I request that this be fixed or log it as a feature request? i.e. that blog authorship be assignable to new users who haven't yet logged in and posted? Many thanks.

Adam Green

Adam Green 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's right. It's on the assumption that no every user of the system is necessarily a publicly viewable blog post author. If we automatically added every user as a blog author you could end up with lots of authors you don't want.