Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons

Events App. Booking Consultation.

Has anyone used the events add-on app and allowed users to add events to it from the main web page?

I have a client that requires there clients to book a consultation / course and wondered if this is the best way to go?

The steps are, select a date and time of there choice. Pay for the course using PayPal. Have Perch add this date/time to the events app and display it as booked. However i the back office it needs to display the information that the client has purchased as well as there details.

Dennis Pickworth

Dennis Pickworth 0 points

• 6 years ago

Dennis. I almost think this is a job for Perch Forms then a custom script to apply to events and build back office view. I don't think without some custom programming (app) this is currently possible.

I can almost see it working now (in my head) but I'm going to think on it a bit.

What is your level of php programming? I have done several Perch apps for clients, but there is a bit of learning...

R. K

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I am a fairly good php programmer. CMS is a new concept and it is taking a little time to get my head a round.

Eventually I would like to build some apps for perch as I can see so much potential.

Any help would be appreciated. Forms will be used as Payment will be needed and sucessful payment before the slot can be allocated.

Could I just not write the information directly into the database?

Dennis

You could add a field to event template like paid="false" then after submit, redirect to shop where they pay, last you can cron the shop table and once the sale shows complete, update the event item with paid="true", then update the shop table to show item dispatched.

With all this, you would be allowing both apps to do all the data entry as native in database and you would just update these items.

This also means perch_events_custom() could handle the output without having to create additional functions.

Does this make sense?

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the late reply. It does make so when I get chance to start implementing it, may i pick your brains again if I get stuck?

You sure can. You can send me questions on or off forum whichever you choose. Robert at Ketter dot US