Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Addons

Members App Questions

A few questions about the Members App:

1. If I want to display a prices section on a page only if a member (e.g. if not logged in they only see a "Register" or "Log In" buttons and some text). Is it possible to serve alternate Perch regions using an if/else statement?

2. And if they are not logged in will the client side html not contain any code with the prices in?

3. Is there an easy way to have them return to the same page once logged in?

4. How do you configure when and if emails are sent and how access is granted e.g. manual review or automatic?

5. Can I add mailchimp hooks into the member signup so that their details get added to an email list concurrently?

Nigel Coath

Nigel Coath 1 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

1. Yes

2. That's down to how you structure your templates. It could be whichever you prefer.

3. Yes

4. Moderation options are set via the control panel

5. Yes.

Hah! Thanks but can you elaborate on the points?

Point 1 + 2: I assume if I wrap the regions in and if/else statement only one will be served as html client side?

Point 3: How might I return them to the page they were on if they click a link on that page that takes them to the registration or login page?

Point 5: Do you know if the double opt-in is mandatory in Mailchimp as otherwise they will get 2 emails one to confirm their sign-up and one to ask their permission to be added to the list. Ideally I would want to notify them when registering that they are being added to a list that they can opt out of later rather than wait for them to confirm opt-in.

Additional Questions:

1. In the Forms app there is a field to redirect on successful registration, is there a way to add this to the members form?

2. Looking at the member details stored, if I wanted to add more field captured such as Company Name, Address etc, while I can add them to the registration form, they do not show up in the member details.

a. Can I add more fields to what displays in the member area in admin?

and/or

b. Can I add these fields to the email html template members app sends out?

I am planning on using this for a price list for end users so I obviously need to vet credentials to prevent competitors creating accounts.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Hi Nigel

I can't tell if these are issues you are experiencing or just theoretical. If they are general queries about how the app works then the documentation is the place to look, there is also a built example in the Nest Running Club demo online.

If they are issues you are experiencing then start a thread for each issue, with your code and Diagnostics Report in order that we can answer clearly rather than write an essay encapsulating everything which is never going to be helpful!

I have had a look in the documentation but no joy, to keep it to only a few questions below are the ones I need to figure out the most:

1. In the Forms app there is a field in admin to redirect on successful registration, is there a way to add this to the members form?

2. How might I return them to the page they were on if they click a link on that page that takes them to the registration or login page?

These are not errors or issues but functionality questions.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

1. Not in the UI, no, but you can configure it in your code.

2. You'd need to code that up yourself with some simple PHP.

Drew McLellan said:

1. Not in the UI, no, but you can configure it in your code.

2. You'd need to code that up yourself with some simple PHP.

Looked around but not sure how to integrate with Perch.

1. How might I configure a url to go to after registration form is submitted?

2. See there is a PerchSystem::redirect option, how could I use this to go back to the previous page after login?

I have looked elsewhere but most solutions are coded into the login php page which I have no direct access to?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

1. on the form tag, add next="/url/after/registration"

2. `PerchSystem::redirect('/url/to/go/to');

The tricky bit is of course recording and tracking the URL so that you have it when you need it.