Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Discussion

Back Arrow in Perch 3 Admin

When migrating over clients from Perch 2 to Perch 3, one ui issue we are running into over and over again is the little back arrow in the top left that takes users back up one hierarchical level in Perch (usually, users are in settings or users, or an app, and are needing to get back to their Pages content).

It seems that most people can't get their heads around that change as there is no other way to get back to the Pages content. Seems a minor thing, but when it keeps coming up, I thought I'd mention it.

James Harrison

James Harrison 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In testing we found that people very quickly get used to it. What sort of time are you monitoring over?

It's been a few weeks for most clients - seems to be the same feedback we get. I am not certain how much time they are spending with it, I can start following up with that to see if it's getting more familiar. The age demographic is certainly all over the map amongst them though.

As an aside, the only other two things that people take issue with a bit is the scaled (blurry) asset manager in Safari and the way blocks and repeaters are handled with the "add a new ..." button in the bottom far right. Apparently they feel it's more "disconnected" to the content above it.

Just the feedback we are receiving though. As we port more of our clients over to version 3, we'll see what they are all saying. We've only updated 10 sites or so, with around 50 more to go as time goes on, so who knows what we will hear.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'm not familiar with the blurry asset manager problem - this is news to me. Have you reported it?