Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Addons, Forms

Forms App user roles

In user roles I have selected "Access forms" however button to reach the forms page does not appear in the navigation unless I also select "Manage Categories".

Is it possible to give access to the Forms app with out the Categories app?

The roles I would like to give are:

Perch: 2.8.6, PHP: 5.6.2, MySQL: 5.5.38, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.6), assets (2.8.6), categories (2.8.6), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'perch_forms' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/tombedford/Dropbox/Plus One Digital/Sites/tw-consulting/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/tombedford/Dropbox/Plus One Digital/Sites/tw-consulting/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/tombedford/Dropbox/Plus One Digital/Sites/tw-consulting/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: tw.localhost
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/tombedford/Dropbox/Plus One Digital/Sites/tw-consulting
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Tom Bedford

Tom Bedford 3 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Those two apps use different privileges, so I can't see how one could depend on the other. Have you logged the user out between testing the changes?

I have been logging out yes, could the UI be dependant on it? (i.e. could access with the correct url but the button just isn't appearing?)

Here's a video of it in inaction https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cohi6Bfhk1.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

This looks like a bug with the topbar menu - I'd hazard a guess that it doesn't matter which other app you enable, as long as it's more than one. Is that right?

Yes, if I select Assets + Forms and it appears (without Categories).

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, that sounds like a bug then. We'll get it logged and fixed.

Huh, In my case it doesn't matter if I have checked Categories, no apps appear on User > Editor :/.