Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

All content is being displayed as a draft

My customer has been using there perch built website for a few months with no problem, but now they are having problems as the whole region seems to be appearing as a draft (a brown pencil icon next to the region name). This is preventing them adding content to the live site, how can I remove this?

David Lee

David Lee 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

How many items are in the region?

There are 304 items.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are they all being edited on one page? What happens if you go to the region options and switch so they're not edited on one page?

Perch puts a region it draft if a problem occurs during save - this is to preserve your site and stop it looking a mess. I think that's what you're seeing here.

The new page shows up when I view the preview, would this happen if there has been a problem saving the content?

UPDATE - The customer is having to delete older entries to add new ones. Is there a data restriction within Perch?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Not with Perch, no, but it sounds like you're hitting a configured limit with your server.

Are they all being edited on one page? What happens if you go to the region options and switch so they're not edited on one page?

They are edited on separate pages, each entry has quite a lot of fields so if edited on one page it would be too long.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

How many fields?

Does saving take a long time?

What sort of hosting is it on?

Sorry this has taken so long, not even sure this thread is still open, but in answer to your questions:

Each entry has 12 fields and there are 120 entries at the moment.

It doesn't take any longer than usual to save.

Centos6.7 final, all updated MySQL 5.1.3 Php 5.3.3

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are you still having the same problem? Have you updated to the latest versions?

Still the same problem, I'll give the update a try.

I've updated and the customer is going to see how they get on, however, after updating the bar at the top of a field for marking up the text has disappeared, have I missed something when updating?

I've sorted this, there was a problem with the markitup upload.

The update seems to fix the problem, but whenever a new update is available the problem appears again where the entries appear as drafts.

UPDATE. The update does not fix this problem. I know the problem is not with limits to the database because I can see the job as a preview but it is still displaying a draft and does not appear on the live site. I can uncheck the save as draft box but when I come out of the editor and back in it appears as draft again.

Screen shot

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Just because an entry saves, doesn't mean the process is able to complete. Most of the hard work is done around versioning and publishing of the content.

The fact that Perch puts the region intro draft means that something is going wrong somewhere. That something is very likely due to the volume of content in this region.

Are you getting any errors logged in your server's error log?

Have you tried turning on debug when saving the region?