Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

URGENT - SITE DOWN

HELP!

I was updating Perch and stupidy replaced the entire Perch folder instead of just the core. So I then replaced the whole perch folder again with a backup Id done of it yesterday.

Now I get a database connection error. Ive checked and double checked, Config details are definitely correct.

Home page says" Perch could not connect to the database" but when I click 'Try again" it lets me login to the admin no problem. But I try to visit the site again and Im back to the "Database connection error" problem.

Please help!

Chris James

Chris James 0 points

• 6 years ago

Update - so now going to the homepage simply prompts a perch admin login! ???

https://oseaisland.co.uk/

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

That sounds as if you have uploaded perch to the wrong place, and if Perch is saying it can't connect to the database then it can't connect to the database. Your details are incorrect.

Why not just go back to your backup, and then try the upgrade again?

So I have removed and then replaced the entire Perch folder with the backup - in the root of the site. Now Im getting the error you see when you visit the homepage...

www.oseaisland.co.uk

???

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It looks like you have Perch in the wrong place. That's just a file not found.

I promise you, its in the right place - in the site root along with all the other files. The file structure on the server is identical to the backup I took yesterday.

If I go to oseaisland.co.uk/perch, I can login to the admin no problem.

ok drama over - it seems the index.php file mustve been corrupted during transfer, so I just replaced it and all seems well again.

Thank you Rachel :)