Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Shared Regions

I have several shared regions on my site for the header, footer, social media and that's great. But, I would like to create a call to action that can be shared to any page when the client creates a new page from a master template.

For example, they create a page form a master page and in the sidebar they want to add the call to action. Then they create another page using the same master page, but don't want to use the call to action in the sidebar they want to create new sidebar content for that page. Is there a way for them to include the shared content on their own?

I don't want them to have to recreate the CTA each time they want to use it because updating every page would not be easy if they have 30 pages on the site. How can this be accomplished?

Kim Mazzola

Kim Mazzola 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You could use a page attribute to turn the region on or off. Would that work for you?

I really don't know. Can you point me in the right direction so I can read or watch a video to see if that would work. I'm not really a programmer at all. So any step by step tutorial to follow would be wonderful. Thank you.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

But this isn't dynamic, is it? The client couldn't create a new shared region and then use that at will on different pages, could they? It still has to be written into the template.
PS - your links both resolve to the same page.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sorry, it's here: https://docs.grabaperch.com/video/v/page-attributes/

You could use perch_content_create() to create a new shared region dynamically.

Thank you, after reading through and trying to understand I have to admit this is beyond my comprehension. Are there any developers out there willing to help? If so, please reach out to me. Thank you.

PS - I never ask someone to work for free. (just so you know)

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We have a list of developers here, many of them will help with existing projects https://grabaperch.com/developers