Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Forms

Datestamp in email template

Hi, Anyone know of a way to add a datestamp to an email template to show the date/time when a form (using the form app) is submitted. It's to record the GDPR consent for a contact form.

I'm trying to get it to say:

GDPR accepted on: 18th May 2018 10:41 pm

I've got the "GDPR accepted on:" as a checkbox value but can't figure out how to add the datestamp.

David Roskilly

David Roskilly 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you have an 'accepted' checkbox then the timestamp of the email will be the date and time it was processed.

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the reply. What I don't understand is exactly how to display that timestamp on the bottom of the email the site owner receives using an email template and <perch:email> tags.

I've got this in the form:

<p><perch:input type="checkbox" id="gdpr" required value="GDPR accepted on: " label="GDPR"> By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. <span class="star">*</span></p>

but I don't know how to extend this in the email template:

<p><perch:email id="gdpr"> timestamp here</p>
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm not sure you're going to be able to do that.

Hi Drew,

That's a shame. I've been using a plugin with our WordPress sites that does exactly that. I was hoping to replicate that for our clients using Perch.

Can I ask a related GDPR question?

How can an opt in checkbox be added to the Blog comment form so that the comment form will not be submitted unless the checkbox is checked?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

That's a shame. I've been using a plugin with our WordPress sites that does exactly that. I was hoping to replicate that for our clients using Perch.

There's no reason you couldn't use a plugin to do that with Perch, too.

How can an opt in checkbox be added to the Blog comment form so that the comment form will not be submitted unless the checkbox is checked?

Add a checkbox to the form and make it a required field.