Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

/perch/core/runway/start.php was not found on this server.

Morning,

I am having all sorts of struggles getting Runway to work on a Fasthost, Business Gold hosting package, this may be irrelevant. However, I do not normally use them and never encounter such issues.

I have created a staging server which resides at milburngrange.co.uk/staging/ and is accessible via staging.milburngrange.co.uk. On loading the site I get the error:

The requested URL /perch/core/runway/start.php was not found on this server.

I thought this might be something to do with the site path, so asked fasthost to confirm what the absolute path to staging is and then inputed this into my config.staging-milburngrange-co-uk.php file as such:

define('PERCH_SITEPATH', '/home/linweb37/m/milburngrange.co.uk-1097316153/user/htdocs/staging');

I should point out, this site is running fine on dev. Unfortunately I can't add a Diagnostic Report as I can't access the site.

Some suggestions on what to check next would be very welcome.

Thanks

# Perch Runway
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/perch
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* /perch/core/runway/start.php [L]
Grant Smith

Grant Smith 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is /perch/core/runway/start.php on the server?

It is, yes

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

This sounds very much like a hosting configuration problem and therefore something I'm not well placed to solve for you.

Thanks Drew, I suspected as much, however the issue is, me telling support something isn't configured correctly isn't going to get me far.

Is there any server specs anywhere that I can pass onto to the webhosting copmany?

Thanks

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, those are here: https://grabaperch.com/download

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Grant,

I have created a staging server which resides at milburngrange.co.uk/staging/ and is accessible via staging.milburngrange.co.uk.

It sounds like your Runway site is in a sub-folder. If that's the case then /perch/core/runway/start.php does not exist, but /staging/perch/core/runway/start.php does.

I haven't had a Runway site in a sub-folder before, but I'm guessing you'd need to modify your .htaccess rewrites to reflect that.

Thanks Hussein,

Tried updating the .htaccess, however, I now get the error, "Sorry, that page could not be found."

Hi,

Just thought I would add the server error I am seeing in the hope it sheds some light on this issue?

Tue May 29 10:18:06.076267 2018] [core:error] [pid 42329] [client 86.1.141.90:34856] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
[Tue May 29 10:18:13.045707 2018] [core:error] [pid 42589] [client 86.1.141.90:35398] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
[Tue May 29 10:21:39.115800 2018] [core:error] [pid 42589] [client 86.1.141.90:56160] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.
[Tue May 29 10:22:39.320092 2018] [core:error] [pid 43010] [client 86.1.141.90:34124] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.