Forum

Thread tagged as: Installation

Perch Setup wrought with error messages

Greetings All, I am designer and webmaster of www.bomarandritter.com. The site is hosted by GoDaddy. I set up a MySQL Database in the Control Panel. After that I uploaded the perch folder to my server home directory, then logged into setup. I think I entered in all the information correctly. One thing with GoDaddy there is a "friendly name" and another name that is called "database name and username" which is different from the "friendly name" I tried using both along with the passwords and keep getting the same litany of error messages which are below:

Warning: session_start(): open(/home/content/37/14010937/tmp/sess_2g1un7bhjpklrlfrjgasv8rvo5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/37/14010937/html/perch/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/37/14010937/html/perch/lib/PerchSession.class.php:9) in /home/content/37/14010937/html/perch/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/37/14010937/tmp/sess_2g1un7bhjpklrlfrjgasv8rvo5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0

I have not a clue what steps to take to make this work, so any help appreciated............ p.s. is the htaccess file supposed to be uploaded to the server as well?? Thanks in advance for your help!

Mark York

Mark York 0 points

• 3 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

"Warning: session_start(): open(/home/content/37/14010937/tmp/sess_2g1un7bhjpklrlfrjgasv8rvo5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/37/14010937/html/perch/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9"

Sessions are not configured on your server. You'll need to ask your host about that.