Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions

Validation for Maps

I understand that it usually isn't a big deal to get everything to perfectly validate but I have some clients that get squirly about everything checking out. My latest client was bothered that the map on the contact page didn't validate. If we can make 2 small changes everything will clear. This is actually an issue with Google not clearing up it's own API code but we can fix it for them.

the following file /perch/core/lib/PerchFieldTypes.class.php - Line 2282 Change this

"&markers=color:red|color:red|"

to this

"&markers=color:red%7Ccolor:red%7C"
  • Line 2296 - Change this
" $r .= '<script type="text/javascript">/* <![CDATA[ */ ';" 

to this

" $r .= '<script>/* <![CDATA[ */ ';"

Everything still works properly it just makes it validate W3C.

Matt Holovach

Matt Holovach 0 points

• 3 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Please don't post suggestions that people change core files in the forum. Doing so invalidates your support agreement with us. As we can only support the product if perch/core is untouched. It may seem trivial but it burns up a lot of our time when people start editing core, don't tell us, and have inadvertently changed something else.

It would be better to request this be looked at to be updated in core.

Sorry Rachel that was not the intent I was just trying to help and I though you guys might consider it a "Suggestion" to make those changes. Sometimes I do this stuff as much for me so I can remember what I have done. Where should I have posted this?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

A suggestion would be "hey these two things cause maps to not validate could you change them in a future release", rather than a line by line suggestion for people to edit Perch Core. As we can't offer support to anyone who has done that, it's not a good suggestion to make!

Point taken and I apologize for the "suggestion" :-)