Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

No output from perch_blog_authors

Hello,

I'm trying to use perch_blog_authors() and not having any success. Specifically, I can't get anything to output.

I want to use my own template, but having been unsuccessful with this I've tried to use the default author_list.html template and the skip-template option, but nothing is output. Right now I'd be happy to grab any output - using the default template or skip-template.

There is one author associated with the blog.

I'm using Perch v.2.8.6 and Blog v4.6.

The debug routine outputs this when I use perch_blog_authors() with the default options:

Debug Message
Fetching from cache: perch_blog_authors30e996d576757c6ae286669c31af4fc8
Cache file not found: perch_blog_authors30e996d576757c6ae286669c31af4fc8
SELECT tbl.* FROM ( SELECT idx.itemID, main.*, idx2.indexValue as sortval FROM perch2_blog_index idx JOIN perch2_blog_authors main ON idx.itemID=main.authorID AND idx.itemKey='authorID' JOIN perch2_blog_index idx2 ON idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemKey='authorID' AND idx2.indexKey='_id' WHERE 1=1 AND idx.itemID=idx2.itemID AND idx.itemKey=idx2.itemKey GROUP BY idx.itemID ) as tbl WHERE (authorPostCount>0) GROUP BY itemID ORDER BY sortval ASC
SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=0
Using template: \templates\blog\author_list.html

Can you help, please?

Thanks, Jon

Jonathan Brain

Jonathan Brain 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Do your authors have posts?

Hi Drew,

I have only one author with 12 posts.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Was this an update or a new install?

New install.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does the included example page work for listing authors?

No authors listed here either.

I seem to have prompted it to work, simply by clicking 'save' on the author profile again.

So, it seems that even though the first author is created automatically, it's not recognised as one by perch_blog_authors() ?

Thanks for your help, anyway. I hope this has helped you :)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sounds like the author isn't indexed when it's created - thanks.