Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Blog

Navigating to next and previous blog posts in blog post entry screen

Is there any way to have links to previous and next posts on the blog entry screen? I've imported hundreds of posts and need to make edits to a large number of them and navigating out to the main page and then scrolling to the page containing the next posts that I want to edit is very tedious. Also, wasn't there a search within the blog admin that could be used for searching for a post?

Thanks!

Timothy Swan

Timothy Swan 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you using Perch or Perch Runway?

Hi Tim,

I don't know of a way... I wish there was, across all the perch apps to move to the next item in the editing window...

This is what I do, I'm on a Mac but I'm sure doable on any platform. When I have to run through all the blog posts to make a change I capture the URL for the listing page to the clipboard (and I use the clipboard manager in Alfred.app which is a godsend while working in perch)

say: site.dev/perch/addons/apps/perch_blog/?blog=blog&page=4

Then after editing a blog post, I use command-L to select the browser's address bar, command-V to paste in the URL and then enter and I'm back to the correct listing page... Then you need to use the mouse to select the next story, but at least this saves you several clicks... Then when I'm onto the next listing page, capture that url to the clipboard, and so on...

And then Runway has an admin-wide search which will turn up blog posts, plain Perch does not.

Regards, Monty

Drew McLellan said:

Are you using Perch or Perch Runway?

I'm using Perch Runway.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Blog posts should be showing up in the search - are they not?

Yes, they are showing in the general search, sorry about that, missed it.

The original main question remains: is there a way to navigating to next and previous when you're on a blog post page?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, there's no way to do that. I think the only thing that has anything like that is collection items.

Thanks. That’s really too bad.