Forum

Thread tagged as: Discussion, MailChimp

MailChimp list options and new campaigns

Just started playing around with the MailChimp app as a customer is switching from something else to MailChimp. I'm not (yet) familiar with MailChimp, but the principles seem the same as the one I am familiar with (Mad Mimi).

It all works as expected and I have pages configured that display a list of campaigns and the campaigns (newsletters) themselves. The app is picking up the lists and campaigns from MailChimp. I can see that I need to speak to my customer as there's around 5 versions of a newsletter (and I suspect these are test attempts, before the final one was sent out).

It would appear to me that the default for a MailChimp list arriving in Perch is 'show list on site' and 'include list in search'. How does this work for others of you that have new campaigns being developed for that list? Do you find that campaigns (new newsletters, in this case) that are in development and being tested are appearing on your Perch sites?

Graham

Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think we only list campaigns that have been sent.

Quite likely (and I will check) but that would catch campaigns that have been sent as tests to a small community of people. This is what happens for Mad Mimi campaigns I run for people, so suspect its the same for MailChimp users? Maybe its a non-issue for MailChimp people. I wonder if this causes an issue for others here, running MailChimp?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, I shall leave it for other people to answer then.