Forum

Thread tagged as: Suggestions, Question, Shop

Multi language - Perch Shop

I generally go about a multilingual site a little differently than what is recommended for Perch because I find that splitting the site at the root into the base languages is a lot of work for clients to update their content, and If I go with the 2 Region approach, all the language content comes out in the search results which is weird for Users, but this is the first time I'm evaluating the use of Perch Runway and Shop to create a strore front and it doesn't look like I would be able to use my 3rd multilanguage workflow so here. So what is the official recommendation to create a multilanguage Perch Shop?

I'd love to use Runway and Shop on this project as the option configurations allow me to create the highly customized product page the client wants, but without an easy multilingual option, its a "No Go" right off the start.

Jordin Brown

Jordin Brown 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

For Shop, I would add extra fields to each object type (products, shipping etc) to take the translations. Then use a different template per language to display the translated fields.