Forum

Thread tagged as: TinyMCE, Redactor, CKEditor

Textarea outputting editor's HTML

My gallery textarea is outputting the html from the editor. I've tried redactor, tinymce and ckeditor. These are the different template lines I've tried:

<perch:gallery id="description" type="textarea" label="Description" editor="redactor" html="true" />
<perch:gallery id="description" type="textarea" label="Description" editor="redactor" html />
<perch:gallery id="description" type="textarea" label="Description" editor="redactor" html>

But I'm left with "<p>Hello world!</p>" on output.

Perch: 2.8.34, PHP: 5.6.36, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, fpm-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.34), assets (2.8.34), categories (2.8.34), perch_gallery (2.8.6)
App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); ?>
Ryan Anderson

Ryan Anderson 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You're on a very old version of Perch, so you'll need to use the first one of those:

<perch:gallery id="description" type="textarea" label="Description" editor="redactor" html="true" />

After doing that, be sure to re-save the content.

Yes, I was originally using that first line and everything was working, until upgrading to the latest edition of Perch version 2. Re-saving does nothing.

Added "html="true"" to the output template field (it was only in the album template before) and it's working now...strangely there are a couple fields where even a re-save is still not working, though.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, great.