Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Hosting

Compatibility test issue

I've tried doing the compatibility test on my client's hosting but after entering usual details in step 1, I get a blank page. Not sure, is this likely to be a PHP error or could it be to do with PHP extensions? It's new hosting and I have selected PHP 7, but the only default selected extension is opcache. Which extensions are required by Perch?

Thanks

Louise Shearer

Louise Shearer 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you are getting a blank page then you need to check your error log. We link to this document https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/why-am-i-getting-a-blank-page from the 'create a thread' page in the forum because we can't do a lot to help unless we know what the actual error is.

Ok, thanks Rachel. Here's the error log:

[09-Jun-2016 20:10:51 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/example/public_html/addondomain.co.uk/perchtest/lib/PerchDB_MySQLi.class.php:27
Stack trace:
#0 /home/example/public_html/addondomain.co.uk/perchtest/lib/PerchDB_MySQLi.class.php(75): PerchDB_MySQLi->open_link()
#1 /home/example/public_html/addondomain.co.uk/perchtest/step2.php(42): PerchDB_MySQLi->get_link()
#2 {main}
  thrown in /home/example/public_html/addondomain.co.uk/perchtest/lib/PerchDB_MySQLi.class.php on line 27
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Class 'mysqli' not found

You need either the mysqli or PDO extension enabled: https://grabaperch.com/requirements

Hi, I have pdo, json, and gd extensions enabled but there’s still same error. Would I need to select pdo_mysql too for pdo to work, only this isn’t listed as an option for me when I select PHP 7.

Nor is mysqli. Should I contact the hosting provider?

Many thanks

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to ask these questions of your hosting provider, you need working mysqli or pdo in order for Perch to work as otherwise PHP is unable to connect to your database.