Forum

Thread tagged as: Configuration, Addons, Blog

Change name of blog folder and and move templates

Hi,

is it safe to change the name of the blog folder (the one with the blog index page and other pages) after installation of the app? Where would I have to change the paths after the name change?

Is it safe to move the templates in the template folder to other folders in the template folder? Both for the blog and other pages?

Thank you /Lamin

Lamin Kivelä

Lamin Kivelä 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

is it safe to change the name of the blog folder (the one with the blog index page and other pages) after installation of the app? Where would I have to change the paths after the name change?

Yes, those are just examples - you can put them wherever you please (including in the trash). Update your post page path setting under Settings, and fix up any links in the template.

Is it safe to move the templates in the template folder to other folders in the template folder? Both for the blog and other pages?

Not really. The app will look for the templates in its own folder.

Ok, thank you! Everything working with blog in other folder (notes)! But I can´t find what template to edit to get the blog author name to link to notes instead of blog. In what template can I edit that address?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you turn on debug for your page, you can see each of the templates that the page is using.

https://docs.grabaperch.com/docs/installing-perch/configuration/debug/

Thank you!