Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Problem uploading images

I used to be able to upload large images until recently when I would upload, perch would freeze up and the image would not be uploaded. I would then have to reset my browser cache for perch to start back working.

I checked the forum for answers and I saw that it may have been my memory size so I increased the memory but the problem still exist.

Perch: 2.8.8, PHP: 5.3.13, MySQL: 5.0.51a, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
Installed apps: content (2.8.8), assets (2.8.8), categories (2.8.8), perch_cm (1.0.1), perch_events (1.8), perch_forms (1.7), perch_gallery (2.8.5), perch_kraken (1.0), perch_newsfeed (1), perch_shop_paypal (1.2), perch_blog (4.0.3), perch_comments (1.0.1), perch_members (1.0.3), perch_backup (1.2)
App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_comments/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_events/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_forms/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_members/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_shop_paypal/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/feathers/quill/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_gallery/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/categories/runtime.php'); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /hermes/bosweb25c/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom/perch
PERCH_CORE: /hermes/bosweb25c/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /hermes/bosweb25c/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 30M, Memory: 100M, Total max file upload: 30M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/users/web/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
HTTP_HOST: www.dzignmedia.com
David Bowen

David Bowen 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Is there anything in your server's PHP error log?

How large are the images?

This is what I found in the error log

PHP Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /hermes/bosweb25c/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom/perch/resources/portal-thumb@2x.png in /hermes/bosweb25c/b1459/ipg.dzignmediacom/perch/core/lib/PerchFieldTypes.class.php on line 1024

My images are 1439 × 718

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I can't see why that shouldn't work.

Does anything appear under Assets?

No. nothing appears under Assets and when I delete an asset, the image is still their but with the default perch image.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

What has changed between now and when it was last working?

Image processing was not available and before I increased my memory limit, it showed that it was now available but my upload still was not working.

I also saw that the file upload exceeded its MB in perch diagnostics and I read in the perch forum about increasing more memory, so I did that.

Still, it's not working. I deleted some image files from the resource folder on server but that does not help either.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So when you say "I used to be able to upload large images until recently" - was that on a different server?

Same server

I forgot to tell you that I even tried uploading a smaller image to see if the size was the problem and that didn't work either.

I just tried uploading again and I went to my server to see if the file is there and it was. It's just not uploading in perch assets.

Would I have to re-install perch?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you show me your template?

Which template are you talking about?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The template you're using to add the assets that aren't uploading.

I am not using any template, I am directly uploading those images through perch.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Directly with the Assets app?

Yes..directly with the Assets app.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't know how to help. If it was working before but has stopped, I need to know what has changed. If it never worked, it sounds like it's a hosting issue.

What was the image processing? I seem to remember I had an issue and asked the hosting to turn off ImageMagick: but kept GD: Hope this might help

Thanks for the help. Ian, ImageMagick was already turned off and GD was on. Drew, I tried uploading a few minutes ago and it started working again. I am guessing this was a server issue that resolved on its own.