Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Save as Draft checked, then try to delete

Description of Problem: In a shared region with multiple items, one item was checked Save As Draft. If I deleted the item with Save as Draft checked the item is deleted from the admin backend, but the item still displays on the public page. If Save as Draft is unchecked, the item is deleted from the admin page and no longer displays on the public page (Behavior as expected).

I republished all pages and the saved as draft deleted item then was removed from the public page, so that worked to solve my immediate problem.

I ran a number of tests checking and unchecking save as draft checkbox and deleting it and behavior was replicable. Only when Save as Draft checkbox is checked and the item was deleted would the issue occur.

I'm running Perch: 2.4.9.

Scott Gruber

Scott Gruber 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If a region is in draft, then changes aren't published. If you make a change to that revision (such as deleting an item) it won't show up on the site until that revision is published.

I wanted to share link about this in the old forum as follow up.

Rachel replied "Save as Draft won't turn off an already published item. It is so you can Preview new content that you have created. So yes, if you want to manage what is shown or not you should add a checkbox to determine that."

Is content automatically published —unless a checkbox or status select menu (like in the blog app) is added to a template to toggle between publish/unpublish?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Is content automatically published —unless a checkbox or status select menu (like in the blog app) is added to a template to toggle between publish/unpublish?

Yes content is always published. Unless you Save as a Draft.

If you want to have items in a region that you can turn on and off you need to create a way to do that - a checkbox that you test for in the template would be ideal.