Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration

Staging site on subdomain of live site

I've run into an odd issue. I have Perch installed on a live site and on a staging site at a dev subdomain. The trouble is the staging site seems to be using the live site, the path in diagnostics points there rather than the staging version. The live site also seems to be listing pages that are on the staging site and not uploaded to the live area. I've checked the config files and they are both pointing to the right databases, the live to live and staging to staging.

Phil Bowell

Phil Bowell 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

This sounds more like an issue for your host. We don't store anything in the database about the absolute paths on your server so something - probably not Perch-specific - is happening here.

I had this issue, but with a sub-folder in the same domain so I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not. I copied perch over to my testing folder (/test/perch) yet when I tried to open domain.com/test/perch it just opened domain.com/perch. And it was mixing live and test pages. I changed the PERCH_LOGINPATH inside the config file within test/perch/config/config.php to reflect the one level deeper path. It now uses the correct perch runtime, but I'm having an entirely different problem with a database...so...I don't know. I'm not sure if that information will be useful at all, but I figured I'd put it out there in the off chance it is. Good luck with it!

Thanks Rachel and John. I'm contacting the hosts to see if anything has changed on the server. Very frustrating.