Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway, Shop

Shop - Multiple options with payment

Hi,

I am currently building a subscription model for a charity client using the Shop App, as they need to take payment for different types of membership.

This is fine, as each membership can be setup as a seperate product.

However, what would be really nice is that, when they select the membership they require, they can optionally make an additional donation.

As such, the product would have further options that have a price attached to them.

I do not think this is feasible, but I just wanted to see if people had any ideas. Options/varients do not allow for a different pricing structure ?

The only other option I can think of is to not submit the user to cart straightaway, that is, they select the membership type and then select the additional donation (as a different product), but I have not worked out how to do that yet.

As I say, any ideas / suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,

Andy

Andrew Kennedy

Andrew Kennedy 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think how other people have done it is to have a donation product that costs e.g. £1, and to use the quality field as the input for setting the donation amount.

Thanks for the quick reply Drew, really appreciated as ever.

I haven't noticed the 'quality' field, so I will do some research on this.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Sorry, I think that might have been an autocorrect! Quantity field.

So if you wanted to donate £10, you'd set the quantity of the £1 donation product to 10.

Of course, you'd design the UI so that it hid that implementation detail from the customer.

Ahh, that makes more sense. I've just been trawling around trying to work it out ! :-)

Thank goodness it's not me going mad !!

I will have another go and see what I can do.

Yes, I see where this is going.

My issue is if I can associate the first product (Membership £10) with an option to add the dontation, which ideally would be a set-amount.

As such, ideally I could see how I would want to return 2 products presented as a single item, i.e.:

Item/Product 1 Memberhip UK £10 + Donation £1 (multiples thereof)

Item/Product 2 Memberhip Europe £20 + Donation £1 (multiples thereof)

but as far as I can see, Mebership would need to be a product and donation would need to be a seperate product.

Unless, I could present everything and allow the user to 'check' the items they want to purchase. That might be feasible ? and then send the checked items to the cart ?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you could do it that way. I think it comes down to how your put your UI together rather than the capabilities of the software.