Forum

Thread tagged as: Discussion

Feedback on undo and undo levels

Following the recent Perch request via Twitter about the use of 'undo', I polled my Perch customer base to ask them ...

Have you ever used the 'undo' facility and (if so) do you regularly use it? If you have used it, how far back (how many levels) have you gone?

I'm afraid I didn't get a huge response. But around one-third HAVE used 'undo' but they think they have only ever gone back one level. The other two-thirds have NEVER used 'undo'. I also fall into that category as I've never used it. Almost everyone I polled uses Preview regularly or they cut/paste from something else into the Perch regions.

Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 7 years ago

I too have asked my clients about the undo feature. Did not get a single response saying they have ever used the feature. I personally have never used undo, and honestly often have forgotten about the feature altogether.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I think features like Undo are one of those things that editors like to know is there "just in case" but don't in reality use all that much. A lot of what we do is about trying to help content editors feel comfortable. So we're not about to remove it but it does inform how much Undo buffer there should be by default.