Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Hosting

Moving to live domain

Hi folks, not sure what the problem is at all here but it's been that long since i built a site using Perch on a staging domains that was going to be moved to a clients existing domain that i'm stumped!

To make it even more of a pain i'm moving files to the clients existing hosting provider's server.

Anyway I can't access the admin (renamed Perch folder) at all to even view the pages and the resources fie is empty so I guess i need to export the data from my server to theirs and get them to set up a MySQL database? Any guidance of where to begin would be great thanks!

Kerry

Kerry Kirby

Kerry Kirby 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You need to follow the steps as outlined here: https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/how-do-i-move-a-perch-site

hi there, i'm in the process of moving a site i had successfully built using perch on our server to my clients own server. Database all set up OK but when I run the perchtest i get this message

Fatal error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/mlambert2/public_html/perchtest/lib/PerchDB_MySQLi.class.php on line 27 really not sure what this means or what to do - can you help please? ---

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Perch requires either the mysqli or pdo extensions to connect to the database, so you will need to make sure the server has one of these.