Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Configuration, Hosting

Links in blog after moving to live server

Hi,

I have begun moving my portfolio site to the live server: https://xpandedreality.com/

All but the blog seem to work, the links still contains the subfolder from my development server. Can someone help me figure out where to change the root folder for the blog?

The blog also shows 1 comment, but thwere should be no comments (I have deleted test commenst).

The site is still very heavy to load, have not removed unused material yet, like CSS files tested during development.

Thank you!

Lamin Kivelä

Lamin Kivelä 1 points

• 6 years ago

Sorry, I found the setting under "Settings" in Perch! No problem now, very simple to move the site, even though I did develop it in a subdirectory on the development server: - Save a copy of the database from the dev. server - Upload all files, including the Perch directory to the live server - Change the Perch config file to the right database settings on the live server - Change the Perch login path in the Perch config file - Log in to Perch and look trough all paths under "Settings" and change if needed. - Also in Perch, change the path settings under "Options" for each page.

I think that´s about it, very effecient and simple to go from dev to live, thank you!