Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Configuration, Forms

Contact form woes

Hey there

I am having an issue with a contact form on a live site, which is silly as all the other sites I've done with them have been fine, and they all use the same hosting too.

Essentially, when a form is submitted, I can see a response in the dashboard but when I click on it all I get is the received message and date. I don't get any data from the submitted form fields. Also, nothing is emailed either. I have run through the test email in the settings part and that works fine. Emailing direct to the address in the form settings works too.

If it helps, in the database, this is all that is stored:

{"fields":[],"files":[]}

I'm sure I have missed something obvious but I just can't find it. I have refreshed pages, re-saved the template, re-saved the form options and done all that sort of stuff. Is there something I can look for?

As I said, I have this working in other sites and I can't see any difference with how I have set it up. I know I've missed something, but just can't find what!

Thank you again for your help.

Regards, Michael

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can we see your template?

Michael Wilkinson

Michael Wilkinson 6 points
Registered Developer

Hi Drew

Well, it goes to show that when you can't see the wood for the trees, just walk away for a bit and come back to it. I went through my template and one of the perch input tags ended '>' when it should have been '/>'. Added that and it works a treat now.

Validation checking is on my tick list from now on..

Thanks, Michael